Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#54565 - 03/01/2002 22:23 Anyone else get a "different" blue lens?
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
Ok, I saw the thread about cyan-looking blue. I have an idea. One of the new empegs I received has a different blue lens.

I took a couple of pictures of it and they're up on my site and linked below. The first pic is an untouched shot from the camera (cropped and resized only). The other one I adjusted the hue and saturation of both faces to better match what they actually look like.

The display through the normal BLUE (bottom) lens makes the text look baby blue. But definitely very rich and obviously BLUE. The new oddball lens (top) gives the display an additional green tint, causing it to look more ultramarine or much closer to the colour of the VFD without a lens - a much closer match to that green-blue colour on a lot of stereo equipment and VCRs.

Uncorrected picture
Corrected picture

Bruno

Any offers for the new ultra-rare lens? :)

#54566 - 03/01/2002 23:08 Re: Anyone else get a "different" blue lens? [Re: hybrid8]
grgcombs
addict

Loc: Dallas, TX
I got one today, evidently ... it sure make it brighter. I like it.

Greg

#54567 - 04/01/2002 03:52 Re: Anyone else get a "different" blue lens? [Re: hybrid8]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
Neither of those are the "original" (very early) dark blue tints - only 50 were ever made of those.

This is just manufacturing variance, which I would have rejected had I still been involved with production. Oh well, at least people seem to like it.

Rob

#54568 - 04/01/2002 06:16 Re: Anyone else get a "different" blue lens? [Re: rob]
muzza
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
Looks like I got a collectors' item. number 47 just scraped in